Our educational model is grounded in the concepts of constructivism, collaboration, and cooperation. The specific features that facilitate the advancement of these concepts are:
- Inquiry based instruction that encourages students to be active researchers and maximize their individual cognitive strengths
- Text-based discussion and inquiry based on essential questions grounded in relevant concepts and themes
- Use of a variety of instructional techniques and strategies including cooperative learning, scaffolding, and modeling
- Promotion of accountable talk
- Quarterly formative assessments, based in part on discipline-specific literacy, to assist school staff in identifying the next steps and better understand their students.
- Enrichment activities including paid internships, after-school Regents Prep after-school and Saturday workshops, field trips, workshops and guest speakers